Door Hardware: A New Generation of Safety and Security
Variety is the watchword in recent door hardware innovations. Door locks are an example: Manufacturers are offering many more designs and accessories than ever. A random look at offerings uncovers: • hardware models that fit more than 100 door preps
• fewer parts for easier installation
• latch-bolt retraction with only 45 degrees of rotation
• torx and spanner screw fasteners to resist tampering
• high-security designs for vandalism-prone installations
• more than a dozen designs for specific applications, such as storerooms, closets, entrances, classrooms, hotels, dormitories, and corridors
• special classroom security functionality with inside and outside key locks
• multiple lever designs for easier accessibility
• easier cylinder removal
• several designs for the rose — the plate between the door and knob — to cover different door preps
models with EPA-approved antimicrobial silver-based finish coating to suppress bacteria, algae, fungus, mold and mildew.
Then there is the maintenance manager’s and carpenter’s productivity bonus: special packaging that includes logical component layout, instructions and tools that allow the installer to fit the hardware intuitively, often in one-third less time than required with conventional packaging.
You're welcome to visit our corporate blog to get more information and to interact with us at windowhardware.bokee.net.